1. area model - A model of multiplication that shows each place value product.
2. array - An arrangement of objects in equal rows.
3. Commutative Property - The order of the numbers being added or multiplied, the sum/product will be the same.
4. Distributive Property - Breaking apart a large number or area model and adding the two smaller parts to learn the whole.
5. divide - To separate into equal groups and find the number in each group or the number of groups.
6. dividend - A number that is divided by another number.
7. divisor - The number by which another number is divided (the number of people, groups, or how many items are in each group).
8. equation - A mathematical sentence with an equal sign. The amount on one side of the equal sign has the same value as the amount on the other side.
9. estimate - A number close to an exact amount. An estimate tells about how much or about how many.
10. factor - The whole numbers that are multiplied to get a product.
11. inverse operations - Operations that undo each other, or are opposites.
12. multiple - The product of a whole number and any other whole number.
13. multiply - The operation of repeated addition of the same number, or finding a total by using the number of groups times the number in each group.
14. place value model - when expanded form is used to solve an equation (breaking a number into expanded form and solving one place value at a time).
15. product - The answer to a multiplication problem.
16. quotient - The answer to a division problem.