1. map - a drawing or picture showing selected features of an area. "I found a map of where the 5 tribes of Utah spent most of their time on page 10."
2. chart - gives information in the form of a table, list, diagram, or graph. "The chart on that page shows how much of each crop the Navajo planted each year."
3. timeline - a list of events put in order of occurrence. "If you want to know when things happened, just look at the timeline. It will even tell you what happened first."
4. diagram - a labeled illustration that helps explain the text. "At first the boy didn't understand what he'd read, then he read the diagram and it helped him comprehend better."
5. key words - important and emphasized words and phrases. "Usually when a word is really important the author will bold it so you notice it."
6. bullet points - lists of important information found in the text. "Some of the tribes used so many parts of the buffalo the author put that information in bullet points so it was easier to read."