1. access - a way to acquire something. "If you need to go online, go to a place with Internet access."
2. remote - far away. "Sometimes, the easiest way to get to a remote village is by boat."
3. isolated - separate from other places or people. "An island that is isolated lies far from any other land."
4. impassable - impossible to travel across. "Sand covered the road, making it impassible, or blocked."
5. obtain - to get something using effort. "Hospitals obtain, or get, blood from people who donate it."
6. extremes - things that are as different from each other as possible. "A zebra's colors show extremes. Its black and white stripes are opposites."
7. virtual - occurring on a computer rather than in real life. "A virtual library is online or on a computer, not in a physical location."
8. avid - eager; excited. "Nathan likes baseball, but he is also an avid reader. He loves books."
9. devour - to thoroughly enjoy something. "Some people love to read so much that they devour books."
10. preserve - to maintain and keep safe. "Sometimes people dress up to preserve, or remember, their culture's history."