1. meteorologists - scientists who study the weather. "Meteorologists predict weather patterns."
2. forecasting - a prediction of weather conditions. at a certain time in the near future. "The weatherman is forecasting rain tomorrow."
3. predict - to estimate a future event based on observation. "The weather man tries to predict the chance of rain."
4. weather instruments - tools used to measure weather patterns such as rain, wind, humidity, air pressure, etc. "The meteorologist uses many different weather instruments to make predictions about the weather."
5. patterns - repeating forms, designs, or behavior. "The patterns on the wallpaper repeat."
6. air masses - a large volume of air with a certain temperature and humidity. "Air masses are large volumes of air that have a similar temperature and humidity."
7. fronts - space between two different air masses. "Cold fronts move from north to south."
8. observations - acts of noticing or perceiving. "We watched and made observations, then drew conclusions."